Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Day #4 Norway






Today we left the dock at 6:00 am, but it wasn't unbearably cold. We had been fishing for about a half hour when Torsten got a fish on the line and got it to the boat. It turned out he had two fish! Then about the same time he boated his two I got a fish on the line, and it felt big! But it was wierd because I could still feel shaking on the line like you would feel with a small fish. It turned out with my four hooks I had caught FOUR FISH! We don't have a net or a gaff so actually getting these four fish into the boat was a two person job, team work!
 
For the rest of the morning and day I didn't catch anymore fish, which was ok with me. I couldn't complain with my four fish boated. That morning we caught 11 fish (~15" each) almost all at once, probably because a school passed by us. Then two more fish were also caught, one medium and one larger. 

The end of the day, just like yesterday, one large Cod was caught. Christof caught a Cod that measured 68 cm! This was a new record for the week.

2 comments:

  1. Okay......I think this might rank as your all time favorite vacation EVER!!!! So glad you are having a great time. You must not be spending much on food with all that fish to eat. Love, mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Duuuudde, it sounds like your having an awesome time, the picture at dusk is one of the most amazing pictures i've ever seen, It looks Freakin Awesome. Not to mention all of the fish your enjoying. Live it up.

    Later Brother man,

    Nolan

    ReplyDelete