Sunday, April 17, 2011

Day #2 Norway





The first picture is taken from the ferry trip we took from Denmark to Norway. The other four pictures are of our kitchen, my room, the living room, and our boat. The boat is powered by a 9.9hp outboard.

Today we were fishing in the boat for 7 or 8 hours. Three fish were boated by three different people, and all three were Pollock, like yesterday. My fish was maybe 2 lbs, the same size as Torsten's. Magnus caught a 52 cm  (20.5") fish that probably weighed about 5 lbs. Those three fish plus potato's were dinner. These guys really know how to cook fish! Quite delicious!

Hanging out with three German guys has created some very hilarious moments. My favorite thing that often happens is they pronounce German words in an English way. So they think its fine.. but I look confused. So even though I am the native English speaker I am always the one confused because they keep making up words!

I am the only person that hasn't lost any gear yet.. which is great because I am borrowing all of it. But everyone else is losing enough equipment to make a trip into town necessary. So tomorrow I have the opportunity to gear up Norway style. Hopefully I can bring some knowledge an equipment back to the Washington coast.

No comments:

Post a Comment