Monday, April 18, 2011

Day #3 Norway









It has been nothing but beautiful blue skies these last two days. That of course means hat weather, but I don't have a hat. Thankfully I found a hat on the ground near the front yard of our house. That is showcased in the first photo.

The second photo is the view from our back door. The back door opens to a porch that is over the water! It's where we eat breakfast and lunch everyday. From left to right it is Torsten, Christof, and Magnus.

Photo #3 is of the biggest fish caught so far, boated by Torsten. It was a 58 cm Cod (~23").

The last photo from our back porch. I took the picture 10 minutes ago, life is good!

Today was the best day of fishing we have had so far. Six fish were caught today in perfect order from smallest to largest.. giving us high hopes starting tomorrow!

  1. 8cm Cod (Christof)
  2. 43cm Ling (Me)
  3. 47cm Ling (Torsten)
  4. 45cm Pollock (Christof)
  5. 53cm Pollock (Magnus)
  6. 58cm Cod (Torsten)
Tomorrow we are going to have an ambitious start and try to get on the water early. Then we are going on a hike to a huge rock ledge of some sort. I will keep taking a lot of pictures!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Steven,

    Does the house belong to someone you know or are you renting it. It looks very nice. And comes with a fishing boat too. Sounds like you are going to be full of fish by the time you leave. Can you freeze some to take home and fix when you are back at school? I'll show Max the picture of the fish so he knows what you are catching. He answered your email tonight. I hope you get it.

    Good the bill is good on the hat. The rest doesn't look all that great. As a matter of fact it looks like there are hairy spiders all over it.

    I couldn't tell from your story if the home team won or lost. What fun that you got to go and for free. Did you last thru the game or did you freeze out before it was over?

    This weekend was the rock show and we got to sell beads from 8 - 12 on Sunday morning. Carrie sold $23 worth of beads. She sold 2 $8 beads and one $7 bead. Only three beads but pretty good for 3. I sold some but I don't know exactly how much I made because our change got mixed up but I know I sold at least 8 but mine were only $5 beads. I sold 5 to one person so without that person I would have sold the same number as Carrie but made less money. I didn't think I would sell any but was hoping to sell 2 so I think I did OK. The rock show went well but we are always tired after setting it up on Friday, working at the show on Saturday and Sunday and then taking everything down on Sunday evening.

    I'm glad you are having such a good time.

    love aunt pat

    ReplyDelete