Friday, April 1, 2011
Castles!
Above are pictures of Kronborg Castle. It my favorite castle out of the three castles I have visited so far. Its history goes back as far as the 1420's. The castle was given a large renovation that was completed in 1585. A lot of exciting things have happened to this castle over the ages. Shakespeare's "Hamlet" was based in this castle!!
When Kelli and I visited it we got to do the normal things, like walk around the church and main rooms. But there was also a nautical museum full of models, and we got to go under the castle. When we were under the castle it was very very poorly lit, so there was a lot of guessing where to go.
Above are pictures of Frederiksborg Castle. This is the largest Renaissance palace in Scandinavia. The oldest part of this castle dates back to 1560. This castle has an extreme attention to detail. Although the pictures of the sealing aren't the best quality, you can see how hard they worked on them! Kelli's only goal when visiting Europe was to visit castles, so I took her to these two.
Both of these castles were within an hour or so to where I live. I look forward to visiting places in Denmark a little further from home soon, because the weather has been getting much better and I am a little more confident using trains!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment