Saturday, March 26, 2011
Best Water Ever
Above are pictures from the technical museum in Helsingor and the Kronborg Castle.
I have to tell a story from the Italian restaurant Kelli and I went to. Pictures of the appetizer and pizza we got are in the previous blog. We ordered a sampler platter type appetizer and a seafood pizza! The seafood pizza was shockingly good. I like pizza and love seafood, but I didn't have the highest hopes for them together. But it was certainly one of those things I needed to try and Kelli is a brave soul.
The appetizer and pizza were reasonably priced, with one exception. The waiter asked what we wanted to drink and I said, "water will be fine." He interpreted that statement as, "money means nothing to me, please bring me the finest water you have." Long story short, the water cost almost as mush as the appetizer. $16.00 for two people.
Kelli and I agreed that this water didn't taste any differently, but I am going to consider it the best water I have ever consumed. That thought helps me sleep at night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
you make me laugh lol and i agree that water tasted way better than any other water i have ever consumed :)
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you can laugh at that story. Life is too short to not enjoy every moment even if it means you spent way too much on "Special European Water" that tastes surpisingly like regular water. Love, mom
ReplyDeleteHi Steven
ReplyDeleteWe are back from vacation and catching up on the blog. Thank you for the postcard. I would like to have a house shaped the way that building is.
About the water. If you had known about the cost when you were drinking it you probably would have
noticed that it was clean, sparkling, melted from ice from 3 miles below the north pole, etc, etc.
Was it bottled or just in a glass and with or without ice to pollute it. Did you ask the waiter about the price of the water? If you did, what did he say made it so special.
Sounds like you had a good time when Kelli visited. The appetizer looks like it has a little of everything. I thought it looked very good.
love aunt pat
What year of bug is that? Did it have a small back window? Love, mom
ReplyDelete