Saturday, April 2, 2011
Bike Ride
I am, ever so slowly, becoming a little more European. I enjoy trains, I drink wine sometimes, and I decided I needed a bike. So, I looked for a bicycle for a while and told a few people I was looking for a bicycle. One day a Lithuanian friend of mine saw a bicycle with a sign on it that said "Garbage." So he moved it from the garbage pile to the closest bike rack. Then he told me about it in class and took me to it after class.
It was free, so of course I liked it! Both tires were flat, the front wheel didn't turn very well, it didn't shift, the chain looked like it was made of rust, and as you may be able to see in the picture it doesn't have the normal exposed sprockets with a derailleur that I am used to.
But, I borrowed a friends pump and pumped up the tires and they actually held air. I then needed some type of lubricant, so I went to some bike shops. Off the top of my head I could think of three different bike shops in Lyngby that I had walked by, because there are SO MANY bike shops here. I went into my third shop that day and they had WD-40, so of course I chose that.
I probably used half my can of WD-40, but now I have a fully functional bicycle! The front wheel still has a little resistance to spinning, but I try to think of it as extra exercise.
Today I decided to go for a bicycle ride. I looked on google maps for a few minute and tried to find this park I had heard people talk about, but I couldn't find it. But I did know what general direction it was, so I just guessed and rode straight there, which is astonishingly lucky. The entrance to the park is about 3.5 km from my home. From the entrance to the park to the ocean is about 3km. Both of those distance I checked on Google Maps.
Above are some of the pictures I took during the ride. The first picture is about .5 km inside the entrance of the park. That household is about in the middle of the park. The second and third pictures are just of the building. The fourth picture is from the house to the ocean. And the fifth picture is where I turned around to head home.
Have a good weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Having a bicycle is going to open up a whole new world of siteseeing for you. I can see you have learned to fix about anything just like your dad. (Great job on fixing the bike.)
ReplyDeleteAll of your adventures thus far makes Denmark look and feel like a very safe country to explore. Is that correct?
Keep taking the pictures because I am loving them. Thanks!! Love, mom
Hi,
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you are having a great time. Aren't the details on the buildings and castles the greatest. Would be great to have that pair of antlers. I could spend hours and hours looking at the details inside the castles you visited. Great pictures. Keep on taking them and make sure you make notes because soon you will have lots of pictures of castles and you won't remember what is what without notes. I know that the place that I regret not going is Athens but I can't believe that each of the places doesn't have something fun to see. If you look online for Greek Art and Archeology
you can see all the things you can see. Is that a house that private people live in or is it a museum or public house? The ocean doesn't seem like it has much wave action. It looks like you can see forever so it looks like the ocean instead of a bay. It it the North Sea? Any cool rocks or agates on the beach? Were you able to look up lapidary in the yellow pages (if there is a yellow pages).
I just wish you knew how much I'm enjoying the pictures and blog.
love aunt pat