Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Last Week of Lecture









The weather has been almost perfect! It has rained a couple afternoons since I have gotten back, but other than that the pictures are good examples of what it's like on campus.

This is the last week of lecture for the 13-Week session. Tomorrow morning I have a group interview, and Thursday I will be presenting a group project I have worked on all semester.

I have no idea what the group interview is going to be like. Its for a class that had weekly group assignments, so I am hoping we will just be getting feedback on our work. I haven't received grades or feedback of any kind for my work so far at DTU. Hopefully it will not turn out to be a oral quiz of concepts learned over the semester to see who deserves good grades within our group.

The presentation is for Super-Light structures. The basic concept of super-light structures is to build a structure with a mixture of high strength concrete and low density concrete, as opposed to a single standard strength concrete. Our group chose to design a parking structure. Below is a picture of the column/beam/slab system. You can see the lightweight concrete blocks surrounded by high strength concrete. The reinforcement includes both prestressed and postressed steel.


My largest contribution to the team was the presentation video. Below is one of the videos I made. The final video is a little longer and has some cars, but I can't get it to upload for some reason.



1 comment:

  1. That is a pretty neat video!! What program is that in?

    LisaRene

    ReplyDelete