Monday, March 7, 2011

First Container Dinner






6 of us out of the 9 people that live in our container had dinner together. There was a soup from Singapore and rice with chicken from India. Needless to say, the guy from India bought some hot peppers and another American and I had to try them. It took a mere 3 seconds after the pepper entered our mouth that we knew we had made a mistake. The top picture offers a proper depiction of our experience. It is of Brett (from Chicago) 5 or 10 minutes after eating the pepper still bright red, sweating, and there may have been some man tears involved for him. I was lucky it didn't hit me quite as hard because I took a little smaller bite, and my tear ducts are to masculine to relinquish to lowly peppers.

The second picture is the castle the museum was in when we visited Malmo, Sweden.

The last picture is what my cooking has evolved to in this country. Hash browns with hot dogs instead of sausage and Hollandaise sauce instead of country gravy. I normally poach my eggs now because there is no amount of oil that will stop eggs from sticking to the pans we have access too. I am making do with what I have.

I am extremely pleased with how school is going so far. I have fallen into a comfortable daily schedule and am enjoying the group work. I have gotten lucky and ended up in groups with all outstanding students. I am a valuable asset to some of my groups because I am a native English speaker. This is a blessing and a curse because I have a good purpose, but I have edited countless papers.

 Have a great week everyone!

1 comment:

  1. The picture of Brett is priceless. I can just feel the flames from the burning peppers when I look at him. Your plate of food looks pretty good. Anything smoothered in gravy has to be good.

    ReplyDelete