Monday, February 28, 2011

Sweden






I took a lot of pictures while I was in Malmo Sweden, so be expecting more!

One of the international students in my container invited me on this trip. He is from the suburbs in Chicago and a girl from Finland and a guy from Paris also came on the trip.

It takes about an hour for me to get to the center of Copenhagen if I walk from my apartment to the train station and take the train. The bus ride from Copenhagen to Malmo was an hour long. So, it only took me two hours to get into Sweden.

While there we went to a museum inside a castle and a technical museum. The technical museum was great! I got to go inside a U-boat and they had a good collection of old motorcycles. I was a little less impressed with the museum in the castle because they didn't have anything translated to English, so it was hard to enjoy all the neat stuff without really knowing what it was.

Inside the museum was a cafeteria-style restaurant. They had some good options, but it came down to hot smoked salmon, or fried pickled herring. I usually go with whichever option I feel will be most memorable. And my good gracious, I will not soon forget chocking down ice cold fried pickled herring. As if pickled herring doesn't start off bad enough, frying it just toughens it up, and they serve it cold! I should be fair and say I can imagine some people would enjoy it, it wasn't that bad. And the potato's were good! But I have tried it, and next time I will be having some hot smoked salmon.


2 comments:

  1. when we go there can we go to the castle even though you said is wasnt as fun? I REALLY WANNA SEE A CASTLE! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Steven,

    I really love that building. Is it an apartment or office building or is it the museum? Is the coat of armour full sized?

    You said the cafe had some interesting options but it came down to salmon or herring. were the other options too plain? Can't wait to hear about the salmon next time.

    love aunt pat

    ReplyDelete