Monday, February 7, 2011

First Week of Classes



The top picture is a photo i took of Copenhagen in the late afternoon. The second picture down is the package Carrie sent me. It ended up a little beat up, (but it may have started that way?). The third picture is my main meals. I either make a pita, wrap, pizza or tortellini. The last picture is one other meal i made, Duck Flavour Yum Yum. A little bit more expensive than top ramen but delicious!!

I have received 3 packages and one more letter since my last blog post. Thank you very much for all of them! In those packages were some delicious things but most notable was incredible salsa, beef jerky, and vitamin c drink flavors which is good because i am getting a little sick.

I got a gym membership here for the university fitness center. It is about a room instead of a gigantic building like WSU, but there are a quarter of the students and very few people work out. Its nice to stay active! I feel better and sleep better when i can work out.

Classes are very enjoyable! I am happy with the quality of all the lectures. I am a little sad that the first homework's did not follow the lecture in a couple classes so i am scrambling to figure them out. I have a few friends in each class now. To follow that statement i learned something about Europeans. If i meet someone, and know them well enough to say hi to them when i see them, i consider them a friend. But, it's harder to become a "friend" to people here. I did read about this before i came so when i knew someone well i asked, and its true. So i have friends in all my classes even if those people don't know it yet!

3 comments:

  1. Duck flavored Yum Yum??... we are going to have to try that when we come over!! Seeing Carrie's package makes me worry about the one I sent. Have you asked Carrie when she sent it so we know about how long packages take? Keep the posts comin'!

    LisaRene

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did the stuff inside the package look? They must have wanted to fill a small oddly shaped space with the package. Have you had any surprises in the cans and boxes that you bought by the picture on the label? Your pizza looks good. Do you get the pizza crust and make your own or do you get frozen pizzas? Do they taste like american pizza?

    Not much happening here. We are going over on Thursday to meet Nola, Myles' new daughter.
    We played rock bingo at the Junior Rock Club Meeting tonight. I always wanted to be a bingo caller and tonight I got to do it. I even got some compliments on my calling skills - clear and loud enough. I guess I missed my calling.

    Max hasn't had class for the last couple of days. A fellow was acting up in one of the other classes and a correction officer was killed in one of the other prisons so they decided that the instructors needed to have radios or panic buttons before they would let students back in the classroom. They are supposed to get their radios tomorrow.

    Love the pictures. Keep posting - they are fun. Study hard. Keep smiling and the friends will become real friends.

    love aunt pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pics. Thank you for taking the time and effort. I am really enjoying them. I love the picture of Carrie's package. Considering the condition of the package are you sure it didn't come from Tom Hanks when he returned from the Castaway Island?
    Your food looks very good too.
    Love, mom

    ReplyDelete