Sunday, February 13, 2011
My Container and Classes
The first four pictures are of the container that i live in. It houses 9 people and has a kitchen plus two showers, two bathrooms and a washer + dryer. The container is comprised 6 manufactured buildings and included pictures of how they are connected both inside and outside. The last picture is of salsa that aunt pat and max sent to me. It was a little mixing packet plus a can of tomato's and it was GREAT!!!
I am keeping up on homework and my reading. I have had to put a stop to all my casual reading because there are a lot of introduction papers to the classes that i need to read. Soon i should be caught up and start reading for pleasure again.
Out of my four classes i believe i only have to take one final. That final is going to be worth 60% of my grade and be oral, so that is unfortunate. The grades in my other three classes are heavily dependent on group projects. So far the people that i am in groups with are very hard working and communicate well. Working with groups is a good experience in these classes because i am mostly taking classes that include many different disciplines. They aren't like WSU where all the other students are civil engineers at the same level as me. My classes have a large mix of different majors and mostly graduate students.
I haven't had any problem with getting packages so far but i have been told by friends it is best if you can somehow label the packages with "Gift." Some people have been taxed for what is in the package if they think it is something we purchased online. This is just something i have heard by word of mouth and don't know if its true.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Great looking salsa. The grass next to your containers looks like it is greening up already or is that just the warmth of the building making that happen?
ReplyDeleteGreat pics. Thanks. Love, mom
Hi Steven,
ReplyDeleteHappy Valentine's Day. Carrie, Judy, Max & I went out for tacos tonight. Carrie still has a bad cold but is getting a little better. Is Valentine's Day an American holiday or did you celebrate it there too.
I have a question about the container pictures. On pictures one and two there is a metal post with a slit half way down. What is that? Also, there are little white things coming out from the windows - are they drain hoses or what?
Lots of bikes. Do you have one yet?
Can you buy canned tomatoes there and chips? It would be a lot cheaper to send you the money for those two things and just send the spice mix if you can get the tomatoes and chips. I guess the real question is - was it good enough that you would like more?
Did your Mom tell you we went gambling and I won. I had fun and it was even better to win. We played 21 for a while, won a little, lost a little more. We decided to move to another table and walked by a Let It Ride table that was open. Let It Ride was Grandma's favorite so we sat down and played. Pretty soon your Mom lost her money but I decided to play a little longer. As soon as it was just the dealer and I, I started to win. I sat down with about $35 and left the table with $186 after I gave the dealer a $10 tip. I was pretty happy.
Keep up the good blog. I really enjoy the pictures and stories.
love Aunt Pat
Speaking of packages... did you get my Valentine's Day Card?
ReplyDeleteNow I see why it's called a "container." That's exactly what the building looks like:)
LisaRene